Checklist to Assure Fairness for Postdoctoral Scholar Titles (Postdoctoral Scholar Employee, Postdoctoral Scholar - Paid Direct, Postdoctoral Scholar - Fellow)
||Type of Action:
Candidate's initials indicate that these obligations have been fulfilled in her/his current academic personnel review. Make annotations as necessary. Signatures of both the Candidate and the PI/Faculty Mentor are required.
BEFORE THE PERSONNEL REVIEW FILE IS ASSEMBLED:
|1.||_______||_______||The Candidate was notified by the PI/Faculty Mentor of the purpose, timing, criteria and procedures for evaluation.|
|2.||_______||_______||The Candidate was made aware that past personnel actions may be viewed during the current review process.|
The Candidate was asked to provide the following information as appropriate. Submit to PI/Faculty Mentor according to deadline. Check those items the Candidate provided.
|Updated Curriculum Vitae/Biobliography with current home address.|
|Other information which the Candidate wishes to have included in the review file (optional)|
BEFORE THE PI/FACULTY MENTOR RECOMMENDATION IS DETERMINED:
|4.||_______||_______||The Candidate was provided the opportunity to inspect all NON-CONFIDENTIAL documents to be included in the file.|
|5.||_______||_______||The Candidate was provided a redacted copy of the confidential documents which are included in the file. Include a copy of the redaction with the original file.|
|6.||_______||_______||The Candidate was given the opportunity to submit a written statement in response to or commenting upon material in the file within five (5) working days from receipt or inspection of non-confidential documents. Response due by _______________ (date).|
|7.||_______||_______||The Candidate declines to submit a written statement.|
|8.||_______||_______||The Candidate's written statement, if any, must be included in the file.|
AFTER THE PI/FACULTY MENTOR RECOMMENDATION IS MADE:
|9.||_______||_______||The Candidate was given a copy of the PI/Faculty Mentor recommendation.|
|10.||_______||_______||The Candidate was given the opportunity to submit a written comment on the recommendation. The Candidate has five (5) working days from receipt of copy in which to respond. Response due by _______________ (date).|
|11.||_______||_______||The Candidate declines to submit a written statement.|
|12.||_______||_______||The Candidate's written comment, if any, must be included in the file, and may be submitted to the PI/Faculty Mentor or directly to the Dean. If submitted directly to the Dean, it shall remain confidential from the PI/Faculty Mentor.|
|Signature of the Candidate||Date||Signature of PI/Faculty Mentor||Date|
RIGHTS OF ALL ACADEMIC APPOINTEES IN THE UNIVERSITY
The Checklists to Assure Fairness have been designed to ensure the following rights are protected:
- The right that the University maintain records containing information pertaining to individuals only to the extent necessary and relevant for official University purposes.
- The right to privacy with respect to such records maintained by the University.
- The right to have access to non-confidential documents in such records, and the right to obtain a redacted copy of confidential academic review records.
- The right to request corrections of fact or deletions of errors in such records and to make additions to such records.
- The right of individuals to contribute meaningfully to the review process in academic personnel actions affecting them.
- The right that final administrative decisions concerning appointment, promotion, merit increase, appraisal, reappointment, non-reappointment, and terminal appointment be based solely upon relevant materials contained in individuals' personnel review files
- The right to have safeguards in the academic personnel process, including an effective grievance mechanism, which will provide opportunity for inquiry into alleged procedural improprieties in that process.