Checklist to Assure Fairness for Submission of Additional Information (Unit 18 Titles)
ATTACH ANY ADDITIONAL MATERIAL TO BE INCLUDED IN DOSSIER
The Candidate's initials indicate that these obligations have been fulfilled in her/his current academic personnel review. Make annotations as necessary. Signatures of both the Candidate and Unit Head are required.
|Name of Candidate:
|Reason for Addition: (Attach letter of request) This box has a limit of 5 lines.
|Description of Additional Material: (e.g., student evaluations, date of confidential letter, department letter, etc.)
This box has a limit of 5 lines.
|1.||_______||_______||The Candidate was provided the opportunity to inspect all NON-CONFIDENTIAL documents to be added to the file.|
|2.||_______||_______||The Candidate was provided a redacted copy of the confidential documents which are to be included in the file. Include a copy of the redaction in the file.|
|3.||_______||_______||The Candidate was given the opportunity to submit a written statement in response to or commenting upon material in the file within five (5) working days from receipt of redacted copy. Response due by __________ (date).|
|3a.||_______||_______||The Candidate declines to submit a written statement.|
|4.||_______.||_______||The Candidate's written statement, if any, must be included in the file.|
AFTER THE DEPARTMENT/UNIT RECOMMENDATION OR COMMENT ON ADDED MATERIAL IS DETERMINED:
|5.||_______||_______||The Candidate was given a copy of the department/unit’s comments on the new material submitted.|
|6.||_______||_______||The Candidate was given the opportunity to submit a written comment on the department/unit response. The Candidate has five (5) working days from receipt of copy in which to respond. Response due by __________ (date).|
|6a.||_______||_______||The Candidate declines to submit a written statement.|
|7.||_______||_______||The Candidate's written comment, if any, must be included in the file, and may be submitted to the department/unit or directly to the dean. If submitted directly to the dean, it shall remain confidential from the department/unit.|
|Signature of the Candidate||Date||Signature of the Unit Head||Date|
RIGHTS OF ALL ACADEMIC APPOINTEES IN THE UNIVERSITY
The Checklists to Assure Fairness have been designed to ensure the following rights are protected:
- The right that the University maintain records containing information pertaining to individuals only to the extent necessary and relevant for official University purposes.
- The right to privacy with respect to such records maintained by the University.
- The right to have access to non-confidential documents in such records, and the right to obtain a redacted copy of confidential academic review records.
- The right to request corrections of fact or deletions of errors in such records and to make additions to such records.
- The right of individuals to contribute meaningfully to the review process in academic personnel actions affecting them.
- The right that final administrative decisions concerning appointment, promotion, merit increase, appraisal, reappointment, non-reappointment, and terminal appointment be based solely upon relevant materials contained in individuals' personnel review files
- The right to have safeguards in the academic personnel process, including an effective grievance mechanism, which will provide opportunity for inquiry into alleged procedural improprieties in that process.